Opportunity for Music Students to Perform With Pink Martini on the King Center Stage!
This is a special opportunity for aspiring musicians to perform with Pink Martini on March 15 in celebration of music education.
Pink Martini is expanding their outreach student music program and has asked the King Center to connect the group with music educators and high school students in our community. Selection is limited 1-2 students to performing with the group on main stage at the King Center.
Here is how it works:
- This call is open to high school age students only
- Teachers/educators are encouraged to nominate and submit three – five of your best and brightest super talented, trained student musicians. Interested students must be able to read music.
- The opportunity is open to any interested students, but the company prefers and strongly encourages woodwind or brass instrument. Singers can apply, but will not have solo parts, they will sing backup.
- Interested students are required to submit a short audition video via drop box, YouTube or google drive. The audition video provides PM a sense of student’s talent and aptitude.
- Teachers will be the point of contact between King Center, PM and the students. Simply reply to this communication with your name, school, email and phone number, so that I can pass along to PM. We will follow up with the practice sheet music for distribution to the students.
- After review, PM bandleader will select the student(s). King Center and the point of contact for selected student will be notified once decision is made. The selected student is required to be available for rehearsal, sound check and the main stage performance with PM
- Final rehearsal/sound check from 4-5 pm. Time subject to change and will be finalized in advance of show date
- Teachers/educators will work with the interested students on their practice piece and accompany the student to the sound check and rehearsal. Times to be finalized as we get closer to show date
- We will arrange for one (1) pair of complimentary tickets for the selected student(s) and his/her teacher for the concert
- Concert attire: Suite (male) Dress (female) is acceptable
- For additional inquiries: