The King Center, Theatre For Youth & Outreach Program 2014-2015 season
20th Anniversary Celebration Starts now!
Cover design contest deadline: Thursday, May 8th, 2014
Calling All Aspiring Artists!
Contest is open to all Brevard students (public, private, charter or home schooled) currently enrolled in grades 6-9. Submission of artwork
constitutes participant’s permission for art to be displayed online and reproduced in print by the King Center. Schools may submit one
entry per grade level. Teachers will facilitate selections for their respective schools.
Entry Theme & Directions
• All original design student entries should reflect the Performing Arts theme.
• Cover size measures 5.5” width by 8.5” height. Cover art should be mounted on an 8.5” x 11” piece of
construction paper that includes; the entrants full name, age, school, grade, teacher and teacher contact phone number and email address clearly printed on back. If digital entry, please include all information in the email along with the file attachment (.jpeg or .pdf).
• Acceptable forms of medium include: 2D marker or paint designs as well as a digital art file. The use of color is strongly encouraged. Words may be computer generated and incorporated into the design if desired. The finished piece should express a poster-like quality that is suitable for reproduction. The King Center will further include our organization logo and spirit line into the winning cover design.
• All entries become the property of the King Center and will not be returned. Decision of the judges is final. The King Center is not
responsible for lost submissions.
• Submissions are due by Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 5 pm. No entries will be accepted after this date.
• Art submissions will be judged on Friday, May 9, 2014.
How to Enter
• Art may be delivered by teachers in person to Karen Wilson at 3865 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning school will be contacted the following week via email. Omission of any part of the entry directions constitutes elimination.
Winning Cover Design
• Winning selection will be enlarged and mounted on an easel for display in the King Center lobby.
• Featured on the Theatre for Youth & Outreach Program page of the King Center web site: kingcenter.com
• Winning cover design student will be invited to receive his/her award on stage at the King Center at the
beginning of the new 2014-2015 Theatre For Youth Program season.
• First Place Winner will receive 4 tickets to a performance of their choice from our Director’s Pick list.
• Second Place Winner will receive 2 tickets to a performance of their choice from our Director’s Pick list.
• Winners to be featured in a King Center press release to media outlets.
• If you have more questions, please call Karen Wilson at (321) 433-5717 or email: email@example.com