Health & Safety
WHAT TO KNOW: ATTENDING A SHOW AT THE KING CENTER
Health & Safety Procedures and Recommendations for our Valued GuestsThe King Center has taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our other guests, artists, and staff members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the King Center. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are gathered. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the King Center you voluntarily assume all risks related to potential exposure to COVID-19.
In preparation for reopening our venue to guests again, the King Center team has evaluated every aspect of the guest experience. Using VenueShield, ASM Global’s comprehensive reopening protocols, the King Center is ready for your visit, and guests can feel safe and stay healthy while attending performances. Click here to learn more about VenueShield.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Limiting capacity at each event, and seating guests with social distancing between parties.
- Relaxing the refund and exchange policy to accommodate guests that might want/need to delay their visit.
- Health screenings, including temperature checks, for all staff prior to each shift.
- Utilizing appropriate PPE gear, including wearing masks at all times.
- Public areas, including inside the theatre, are disinfected before and after each event.
- High touch areas are being disinfected regularly throughout the entirety of the event.
- Restrooms are being regularly cleaned and restocked of soap and hand towels for hand washing.
- In-venue signage will be placed to remind guests to:
- Wear face coverings for the entirety of the event.
- Wash hands & sanitize often.
- Encourage social distancing.
- Strictly enforcing health and safety guidelines for the wellbeing of all guests, staff, and artists.
Any guests not in compliance with health and safety guidelines or deemed non-cooperative in following guidelines may be removed from the venue.
Our guests play an important role in maintaining the health and safety for everyone in the building. Here are the things you are expected to do while attending a King Center event:
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- We recommend selecting either MOBILE DELIVERY or PRINT AT HOME tickets for a contactless ticketing experience. Contact the ticket office if you need to change your delivery method: 321.242.2219.
- If you would like to utilize the RESERVED PARKING option, we recommend purchasing in advance of your visit to eliminate additional contact with parking attendants. Click here to purchase reserved parking online.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell, have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, or suspect you might have COVID-19. Contact the ticket office for options on delaying your visit – 321.242.2219
- Visit www.KingCenter.com/schedule-of-events, or reference the “What to Know” email you will receive prior to the show for information on available concessions, intermission plans for your event, and event-specific health and safety guidelines.
- Don’t forget your masks! Masks are mandatory while inside the King Center venue. These must remain on, covering the nose and mouth, for the entirety of your visit, and can only be removed when actively eating or drinking while stationary. Guests who do not wear, or remove, their mask will be removed from the venue. If you don’t feel you are able to wear a mask for the entirety of your visit, we ask you to delay your visit.
ARRIVING AT THE VENUE:
- If you purchased reserved parking, your name will be on a list with the parking attendant. Staff will not be handling physical tickets, and you will not need to have a printed ticket for Reserved Parking. Please have your mask on prior to contact with the parking attendant.
- If you need to visit the ticket office prior to entry, please look above the open windows to select the appropriate window, and adhere to proper social distancing while in line. Have your photo ID ready to show ticket office staff if you are picking up tickets, or need something reprinted.
- Have your mask on PRIOR to entering the venue, before the security checkpoint.
- Security checks are still in place for entry. Please observe the following guidelines to allow for a quick and contactless entry:
- No weapons of any kind are allowed into the King Center. This includes pocket knives, and concealed weapons (per §790.06, Florida Statutes)
- ONE (1) sealed bottle of water per guest is permitted (no reusable cups or bottles that have been previously opened).
- All bags are subject to search. To eliminate this point of contact, please utilize a small clutch for only the most necessary belongings – avoid large bags.
- For a full list of prohibited items, click here.
- Please distribute a ticket to each member in your party. Each guest will need to scan their own ticket on self-serve ticket scanners for entrance into the venue. Staff will not be handling physical tickets. We recommend displaying the tickets on your mobile device.
WHILE INSIDE THE KING CENTER:
- Observe social distancing while in the lobby, waiting for the restroom, or in line for concessions. Floor markers have been placed as guides.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been abundantly placed throughout the venue for use as often as possible. Utilize hand sanitizer stations after touching any common area such as handrails, counters, doors, etc.
- Seating in the theatre has been placed under social distancing guidelines. Only sit in your assigned seat to maintain distance between yourself and other guests.
- For those utilizing mobility devices that need to be stored during the performance, ushers will safely take them utilizing gloves that will be changed between guests to avoid cross-contamination. This might take a little longer than normal to maintain cleanliness between guests.
AFTER THE PERFORMANCE: Ushers and staff will guide the audience in a staggered dismissal from the theatre to avoid over-crowding. Wait in your seats after the performance for directions on exiting.
The following items are prohibited inside the King Center. All patrons entering the building are subject to search.
- Firearms or weapons of any kind
- Per §790.06, Florida Statutes (including Concealed Weapons Permit) and §790.115, Florida Statutes
- Exceptions: Per §790.052, Florida Statutes AND EFSC Procedures Manual. §112.B.2.b (Certified Law Enforcement Officers)
- Alcoholic beverages or bottles
- Alcoholic beverages purchased on property may not be taken out of the venue
- Outside food or beverages
- Tailgating is not permitted
- Illegal drugs
- Smoking or e-cigarettes
- Unauthorized solicitation, handbills, giveaways or sampling
- Backpacks or packages
- Bags subject to search
- Video or audio recording devices or cameras with detachable lens or lens 6'' or larger
- Go-pros, selfie sticks, laser pointers and signs
- Pets, except ADA approved service animals
- Per ADA requirements